This original article was first published here: 5 Ways to Protect Your Skin When Biking
Even if you’re an old pro at biking and you regularly pick up extra parts and beach cruiser accessories to keep your favourite bike in good shape, you may still be overlooking the health of your skin. While biking provides an effective way to exercise, it can also be rough on the skin. Excessive sun exposure, cold or windy conditions and more can all take a toll on your complexion. Fortunately, it’s simple to protect your skin when biking. Take a look at these five ways you can start protecting your skin on your next bike ride.
1. Plan a Route Through Shady Areas and Avoid Excessive Sun Time
One quick and easy way to enjoy your beach cruiser 500w electric bike ride without risking skin damage is to plan a route through shady, covered areas and avoid staying out for too long. For example, you may want to bike in a wooded area to take advantage of the trees’ shade. You can also limit each bike ride to an hour or so in order to avoid excessive exposure to the sun.
2. Prepare Your Skin and Clothes Prior To Leaving for Your Ride
Another simple way to protect your skin when you’re out on your bike is to prepare both your skin and your riding clothes before leaving. Choose your wardrobe with sun protection in mind, and be sure to:
- Apply a liberal amount of UVA- and UVB-protectant sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30
- Continue to apply sunscreen every two hours or after significant periods of sweating
- Apply bug spray prior to leaving if necessary
- Cover as much skin as possible with SPF-enhanced sports clothing
- Wear a broad-rimmed hat and ray-blocking sunglasses
3. Go Out for Rides in the Morning or Evening To Avoid Peak UV Times
One little-known tip for avoiding sun damage while out on your mens beach cruiser bikes is to schedule your bike rides for times that strategically avoid peak UV hours. Because the sun’s rays are typically strongest right in the middle of the day, you may want to take your bike rids in the early morning or late afternoon and evening.
4. Choose a Helmet That Can Help Protect Your Skin
Having a good helmet can make all the difference for both your physical safety and your skin. Your helmet should be sturdy and protective. Look for a helmet that comes with:
- A slight rim
- Extra material or a bandana in the back
- Built-in UV ray-blocking glasses
5. Treat and Soothe Your Skin After Each Bike Ride
Lastly, even if you always take the necessary precautions, sunburns can still occasionally occur. If this happens, simply treat your skin immediately upon finishing your ride to help soothe it and prevent further damage. You could even turn this into a regular skincare ritual. Consider stocking up on:
- Aloe vera
- Coconut oil
- Cocoa butter
Taking steps to protect your skin before and during your bike rides is essential for maintaining good skin health. Thankfully, it’s straightforward to keep your skin protected. Follow these five strategies and you can enjoy both regular bike rides and a healthy complexion.
Please visit: Men Style Fashion for more articles like this.