A People Pleaser
I used to pride myself on being a chameleon… That meant:
- Being all things to all people
- Adjusting my likes and dislikes to theirs
- Saying, doing what I think they want to hear or see..
Ugh!! It was exhausting! And I didn’t realize what I know now- there is a name for it and it’s called “people pleasing”
It’s such an easy trap to fall into! I mean…
- We want to be liked
- We want to fit in
- We don’t want to create problems…
But there is a huge problem with people pleasing. There is huge cost.
- We forget who WE are
- We lose the authentic version of ourselves
- We don’t know what we really like or don’t
- We stop going for our dreams.
With people pleasing you are doing something you THINK is right.
You don’t know it is hurting you but it is.
How do you know you are doing this??
You find yourself saying YES when you mean no.
You find yourself changing your beliefs, your plans, your ideas because of someone else
You worry about what others THINK and it controls your mind and keeps it in that loop of self doubt!
The problem with all this? The problem with PEOPLE PLEASING is It pushes you further and further away from your authentic self and you start to lose track of who YOU really are and what YOU really want and desire.
You are not too old and it’s not too late to change this pattern…
Recognizing it is the FIRST STEP…
On the other side of it? Freedom to truly be YOU.